Saturday 20 June 2009

Twittering

I've come to the conclusion that Twitter, Facebook, and blogging are for people with far more interesting lives than I have. According to Twitter's home page:

Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?

That's fine if you have family living a million miles away and want to keep in touch or want to make sure Himself has put out the wheelie bin while you're away - though why not just pick up the phone? By Twittering, you're assuming your friends are glued to their PC 24/7...okay, my son just told me they are. But why does anyone want or need, to know that some friend of a friend of a friend is 'eating spag bol with a glass of rose'? Who cares? Well, apparently the thousands who've signed up, I guess.

Am I supposed to be thrilled that my friends care enough about me to want to know 'I'm p****d off with getting Final Demands from companies who think I owe them money even though I paid their darned bill 2 weeks ago'? And yes, the latter is my morning's Twitter! Look, I'm grumpy enough without having to dwell on it longer than I need do while I type out a rant and send it to all my followers...oh and followers, that's another thing...how come I only have four?

No comments: